THIS BLOG IS CREATED BY SOUBARNA KARMAKAR »

Sunday 17 August 2008

Friendship Joy and Sorrow

Hello everyone, Today I realized that this world has many faces, this place is covered with patches of worthless humility, and endless pride, today I left my job actually I resigned, I thought what was I doing there what was I there for? Money is a very simple answer to that question,I walked about a mile or two as I walked I saw the tears of a lonely mother sitting by a street tea shop and washing the utensils, this place we live in is moved by the gears of money and among these gears innocence and innocent lives are battered and smashed.

A lonely child in the city of Joy longs for friendship just as I have wondered and pretended to look into the eyes of strangers to find a friend whom my simple heart could recognize, I found sadness, sorrow and sympathy.


Lost in this city of Joy, broken promises and untrodden ways I have found myself alone and desolate in places I dare not speak of.

I am boring thats my quality and by the time you have finished reading the first line of this posting I believe you have realized that.

I come home today to find that by the end of this month I will be bankrupt, I left my job only to find that the uncle on whom I relied lost his job today,
I thought maybe I will find some place to hide today, some place to find solace and I ran to place I that have always sheltered me and buried my loneliness, for sometime I found the place but I guess I lost it again, how many days have passed by I have not splet in peace, the cries of a mother's labor has kept me awake at night, I have dreamt of being born again in this world with perhaps a silver spoon and a golden cradle, but no I guess that was not to be, In the streets of my city a hundred people are awake looking out into the empty night street, they are beggars and homeless, I wonder if they dream of the same thing as I do?



The darkness crawls into the bedroom of my friend's place from where I am writing this post. He is asleep. I sit at his computer looking at the darkness of the night and I think I can hear something, O what is it I hear a cry, a sigh, or a teardrop in the silence of the cruel night, It wont let me sleep.

(Photographs Courtesy Flicker, or the responsible parties.)

1 comments:

Arko said...

"loved it! finally! kom bhatiye onek kichu bole diyechis bhai" - your sleeping friend, arko